LIFESTYLE: "Get To Know Me" Blogger Tag
I've had this blog for a little over a year now and although you can probably get a sense of my interests through my posts, I realized I never did a formal "Get to Know Me" Post. So I thought it would be fun to share a few details about me and start a Get To Know Me Blogger Tag running amongst some of the bloggers I know/follow. Shall we begin?
1. Where were you born and Where did you grow up?
- I was born in Queens, New York but grew up in Baltimore, Maryland in a very Nigerian household.
2. Where do you currently live?
- I still live in Maryland. For the past four years, I have been living in College Park due to school but now that I have graduated I will be returning back to Baltimore after the summer.
3. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many?
- Yes, I am the oldest of five children. I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.
4. How tall are you?
- I stand at 5'9.5 - 5'10.
5. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- Creative, Friendly, Performative/"Dramatic", Adventurous, Ambitious.
6. Do you speak another language? If so, what?
- I do not speak another language fluently, I have two native tongues --Yoruba and Igbo. Unfortunately, I can only understand Yoruba and speak a bit. I am working on it though!
7. Who is your best friend?
- I actually don't keep or believe in best friends. I prefer the term close friends and I have a number of them who I love dearly.
8. What sports do you play or have you played?
- I don't play any sports at the moment. In high school, I played badminton, did cheerleading and ran track +field. In college, I tried Rugby for a bit.
9. What is your go-to hairstyle?
- Braids. Very easy to maintain and versatile.
10. What's your biggest challenge as a blogger?
- I've noticed that I am blogging during a time where a lot of people do not like to read or don't have the patience for it so it makes things a little difficult and can sometimes be discouraging. (I'm still gonna do it tho!)
11. How would you describe your fashion sense?
- This is a bit of a tricky one because as of late, I haven't been 100% comfortable with the clothes I have been wearing, so it's something I am still exploring. I typically like to be in something laid back and relaxed but I do have my moments when I want to be in full glam.
12. What's your favorite song?
- My favorite song right now is Poundshop Kardashians and Greasy Spoon by Sam Fender. Been listening to him a lot lately and I am very excited for his upcoming album. The man has something to say.
13. Twitter or Instagram?
- It changes all the time but right now Instagram.
14. 3 Social Media Influencers who you are loving right now?
- Milena Ciciotti (Lifestyle & Christian YouTuber), Justin Escalona (Entrepreneur + YouTuber), and Kenzie Elizabeth (Lifestyle Vlogger + Podcaster).
15. Favorite thing to do in your free time?
- Catch up on my long list of TV shows and movies that I need to watch.
16. Favorite junk food?
- I have a serious problem with Donuts and I don't intend on addressing it.
17. Your Celebrity Crushes?
- Halsey, Normani and Timothée Chalamet
18. What shows/movies are you currently watching?
- Absolutely loving Riverdale right now and all the absurdity that comes along with it. Handmaid's Tale is also an essential at the moment.
19. Biggest struggle you have had to overcome?
- When my parents got divorced, that was a huge shift in my life and family dynamic. Definitely shaped me into who I am today.
20. If you can live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- I would live Part-time in London & in the United States and spend my summers in Italy.
21. Describe a perfect summer.
- My perfect summer would consist of a balance of day-time outings with my friends, (happy hours, baseball games, discovering new spots within the city etc.), traveling, a steady flow of income, and Afrobeats artists dropping gems like there's no tomorrow.
22. One thing you are proud of?
- Making the active choice to pursue the performing arts as an actor, director, writer and cinematographer. It was so hard coming to terms with this-- especially the acting bit.
21. Are you working or are you in school? If so, what do you study/what is your profession?
- No longer a student but I will be returning to get my masters very soon. I don't have a profession yet, just graduated so I'm job searching.
22. Best concert experience?
- My best concert experience was actually the first time I went to a concert solo. An Irish artist named EDEN came to Baltimore in October of 2018. It was perfect timing because I had just discovered his music a week prior to the concert and instantly fell in love. You should give him a listen.
23. What are you looking forward to in the next few months?
- Expanding my network, growing my brand and business and honing my artistic abilities.
24. Three travel destinations on your bucket list.
- Budapest, Spain, and Amalfi Coast.
25. Tell us one thing about you that we wouldn’t know?
- I dislike spicy food, love period dramas and I did some background work as a Handmaid on the show The Handmaid's Tale (S3 E6) back in February.
Hope you enjoyed this post! I am interested to know about you all so comment a fact about yourself down below! Also, tag/share with 3 bloggers that you want to see answer these questions.